Monday 20 February 2012

A random Monday...


Mondays can be pretty random, right? So let's add to that.



The big brown bottle cost a euro, from Kierrätyskeskus, the blue bottle is a present from my dad, who also paid a euro for it (he was in a restaurant in Barcelona and they served water from these, my dad thought I might like it, so he asked if he could keep it, but it didn't come free, stingy waiters), the beer bottle wrapped in yarn cost about 3 euros, the yarn was all free (Kierrätyskeskus, once again), and the bowl on the right is an old Arabia bowl, cost me about 6 euros (with student discount included) from Kierrätyskeskus, and the pine cones in it are from a big tree on the bank of the Seine near Bonn, Germany. Oh, and the twigs are from Espoo, Finlandia, painted white with some old wall base coat.

I made a few bottles wrapped in yarn, got a bit carried away, but it's very addictive! All you need is a nicely shaped, clean, old bottle, bits of yarn and glue. It took surprisingly long to do, about an hour, probably cos I was watching TV at the same time and had to keep cutting bits of yarn and figuring out how to alternate the colours and trying not to glue my fingers on to the bottle...


I painted these bits of wood turquoise. I have no idea why.



Textures are cool.
Turquoise driftwood from Scheveningen (NL), and red from Haukilahti (FIN), plus a volcanic rock from Iceland.




 Things on my wall pt. 1,576, 374, and things in pots. And a cactus in a teacup. Naturally.

Maailman ihanin pikkusisko lähetti mulle ystävänpäiväkortin Skotlannista! <3
Last week was Valentine's Day, and I received a lovely card from my lovely sister, who studies in Scotland. The stamp that ensured it's eventual arrival had King George V on it, which is awesome.
Need to frame this, I need more frames!


No comments:

Post a Comment