Wednesday 22 February 2012

Museum

The word "museum" is, surprise surprise, of Latin origin. 
Commonly pluralized as "museums", less often as "musea" (gotta start using that one...!). 
Originally from the Greek word Μουσεῖον (Mouseion), denoting a place or temple 
dedicated to the Muses, the patron divinities in the Greek mythology of the arts. 

I love museums.

On my last visit to Deutschland, we went to the Arp Museum near Bonn
It's partly in an old railway station but it's been added on to as well. 
Amazing building, nice architecture, cool things. 
Would definitely visit again, maybe in the summer...





 This blobbular turquoise thing was one of my favourite pieces. No idea about the artist though... :/

Even the elevator shaft was a piece of art. My dad laughed at it, but I thought it was pretty damn cool!

They also had a cafe upstairs, really pretty interior and lovely views on to the Seine. Excellent food: I had a deliciously colourful goat cheese salad. So good. And I could honestly live in that room. 


I want to go to a museum now! Maybe Kiasma, EMMA, Designmuseo, or Ateneum...?

No comments:

Post a Comment