Thursday 23 February 2012

Necklaces

Due to the fact that I usually opt for earrings instead of a necklace, I haven't bought or made many. Right now I'm craving a neon yellow necklace, so maybe I'll get one done in time for spring... In the mean time, here's a few necklaces I made last year: the first is made out of socks. 

Which sounds somewhat unpleasant, but I can assure you, these socks we're thoroughly washed before I used them for this...! And they'd been sitting in a plastic bag in my cupboard for... about 3 years before I finally figured out what to do with those dear, holey, worn-at-the-heels things. I'd seen a tutorial on making roses out of strips of fabric (will link if find it again), and I figured I'd try making them out of strips of socks. It turned out better than I thought it would, I've still got a bunch of those sock roses in my crafting cupboard, so perhaps I should make a headband or something out of those...
The second (above) necklace is just a very quickly done one: I was in a hurry to get to a christmas party, and the theme was white, so with about 15 minutes to spare I cut up some felt, did a bit of glueing, and that was that, out the door. Haven't worn it since though... hmm.. maybe need to make it more... wearable... somehow... 
Roses are red, roses are blue, these ones I made from an old sock or two.

My poetic aptitude is off the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment