Monday 16 April 2012

Shrinkles krimpies aka. Shrinky dinks

Made some earrings from shrinkable plastic today, didn't really have a plan as to what I wanted to do, so just picked a few favourite colours and got to drawing.

Before the oven:

 After the oven:
 So tiny!
They look like they're covered in tiny crystals of colourful sugar...
*lick lick*

Then I put a coat of lacquer on them 
(I admit, I used clear nail polish, since the spray is in my bedroom cupboard and I'm fluish and lazy with allergies to boot), 
added some beads and other things and made them into earrings.

A blurry photo of the new couple together:

 The chain bits and head pins are recycled from an old bracelet of mine, 
the hooks and beads are from Hobbypoint and Sinelli.

I can't decide if they're cool, or just plain ugly.
But at least they're colourful, which was my main goal. 
Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment