Sunday 19 February 2012

A foxy pair of earrings

Let me just start off with: pardon the pun.

So for my 27th birthday last year, I made myself some fox earrings using the aesthetically pleasing print on some Fazer candy wrappers of the old classis candy, Pihlaja (which is old school, all the way from 1895!).

It all started with some candy that I receiver from my sister (I wanted the wrappers, mainly) and this was a long time ago, but then I cut out the foxes from the wrappers and glued and varnished them onto cardboard and went to the shop to buy more so I could cut more fox heads and a long story short, here are some pictures to tell it:


Action photo from my birthday party, nts nts nts (disco sounds).


These earrings are definitely a make-do project, since I really used whatever I had available for them. Well, except buying a bag of the candy... but that doesn't count, right...?
My plan is to, eventually, make these again, but more durable, using stronger glue and strong ribbon instead of cardboard.... etc etc.


Birthdays are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment