Thursday 2 August 2012

Macrame and hanging things with it aka crockery bondage

Was blog-surfing and found this cute little project from a blog called Transient Expression.

So I rummaged about in my craft cupboard, 
but all my fimo bits are so small that I wouldn't be able to make a vase even this small from any one colour, 
buuut luckily I found some ooooold old clay and a few minutes later my vase was sitting outside drying.

It didn't turn out as pretty as the original, but I like the concretey look of it so I'll let it be.



Then I took some pink yarn from my yarn bowl and got about macrameing. Initially just for the clay clump I'd just made, but I was impatient for it to dry so I thought I'd try out the idea with other small plant pots.
The smallest ones I have in use are teacups. So:




They're hanging by the window for now, I might move them a bit to the side,
but that requires drilling in more hanging, umm, bits to the window frame,
and I'm not in the mood for that.

Then I got carried away and did a whole lot of macrame for some cute cups 
I've had lying around and an old tea pot.

This display of crockery bondage is now hanging in my kitchen. 
The tea pot will be filled with some plant that hangs nicely. 
Like thyme or something. Something edible anyway.




I also made a fox out of the left over clay:


I will be painting him once he's dry. Perhaps in a very very faint orange, with a golden nose...

No comments:

Post a Comment