Sunday 16 September 2012

Habitare

Went to the Habitare show yesterday, a furniture, interior decorating and design fair, 
and I found some inspiration for future projects and just fun ideas in general: 
there are some very creative people out there!

A lamp made out of light bulbs. 
Which doesn't sound ground breaking, and it's not the first lightbulb light I've seen, but still fun:


 I've got a (growing..) selection of pretty old books myself, here's a fun way of utilizing them 
(the button wall is a cute idea as well):

I could live in this bed. So comfy looking. 
And I love the braided pillows on the wall, 
the big is is cool too, but kind of looks like a... well, a braided turd. 
But an awesome braided turd at that:
(they also look like giant, fat tentacles waiting to choke me when I fall asleep.. well, at least they'd be soft..!)

Boxes on walls is always cool:

A different kind of wooden floor:

Love love love this idea: rakes as hangers! Want.

This room was super cute.
 Love the white tree, love the pillow made out of a rug (on the floor) and the closet in the corner has a cool idea behind it (and foxes are the best!):

Hardware text:


There was also an interesting exhibition in the show area:
 time traveling from the 50's to the 00's in Finland:


 Designer wallpaper from the 50's, I thought the birds had really funny expressions...

Finnish design: chairs from the 50's!

A living room from the 50's, me likey:

...and one from the 60's. Love the vinyl holder!


 Pretty glassware and others things:

I'm hoping to bump into this print sometime at the Kierrätyskeskus:
 Cassiope tetragona, Vaccinium vitis-ideae and Trientalis europaea, awesome!

 Prints! Colours! Seventies!

A hip and happening 70's room, check out that white chair thing! 
Cool idea with the clips and lp covers on the wall as well. 

80's. Wow. What a decade.
....

What a Fatboy is doing in a 90's Finnish design room is a mystery to me..
at least there's a brick of Nokia on the table!

And the final room, a room from the 00's. Meh.


Cool show and cool ideas. For dessert, (real) birch wallpaper from the 00's
Vintage, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment