Friday 13 April 2012

SPIS

My good friends husband is an excellent chef and is starting up his own catering company. 
I've been helping him out with some gigs, preparing some foods and waitressing, 
so as a thank you, he took me and two other helpers out to dinner.
The restaurant he picked was SPIS.

I'm vegetarian, but asked for the vegan menu (partly because they called up to check if I was indeed just vegetarian, or vegan, so I assumed they might have some special things for vegans. I was wrong.).

Here's a few photos of the more interesting foods:

Carrot lollipops. Surprisingly yummy!

I forget what this was, but look!  A heart!

Beet with some bitter berries, it looks nicer than it tasted, which was disappointing.

Good wine.

Yummy cucumber sorbet with pollen. I ate the pollen. I am allergic to pollen.
The swelling went down within half an hour, though. So all good.

Pretty!

This was so so yummy: apple with kettukarkki!

Dessert was an interesting mix of liquorice root, dill and cucumber.

Overall, a lovely, relaxed thursday evening with friends, interesting food in a nice atmosphere and good service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment