Wednesday 11 April 2012

Räsymatto

Räsymatto, literally rag rugs, are pretty cool. 
I remember my grandmother used to have a big machine for making them in her home in Kuhmo, and growing up, we've always had them around the house.
I've had my eye on a couple of rugs in Kuhmo for a few years now but haven't really figured out where to put them, since I already have oriental rugs (one from Dubai!) in my bedroom and living room, a white rug in the entrance hall and a lovely plasticy floor cover in the kitchen...

What's left? The balcony!

So i dragged this baby back with me, I have now washed the balcony floor and cleared it off the crap it's accumulated over the winter, but now the rug is resting in the floor space between my couch and tv area and my dining table.. and I kinda like it there.. it really doesn't go there, but somehow it's just.. nice!

But once the weather gets a bit warmer (still only around 5 - 10 degrees celsius during the day) I'll probably move it outside.. maybe..


 If I remember correctly, my mothers aunty made this one. I wonder what the fabrics looked like before she cut them up? And what were they? Old clothes, table cloths and sheets, probably..


No comments:

Post a Comment