Sunday 15 April 2012

Another sunny Sunday walk

Ah, the murky waters of Hyljelahti...

This is a place where my sister, my dog and I used to go exploring.
I haven't been there for a few years, so about time to visit again!

You could hear the birds from a kilometer away...!

I don't know what caused the birds to all suddenly take off at once, but the sound they made was unreal, I had to look around myself and check that it was actually the birds that made the sound and not some small airplane about to crash nearby, super freaky.

It came from Olduvai...

There was this really pretty orange duck there, the only one of it's kind! 
I tried to get a photo but it kept diving for food...

I also saw a worn turquoise surface so I had to photograph that too!

It wasn't quite as fun as it used to be, with company, but still a lovely walk!

I shall leave you with a lovely (finnish) poem from this old school (finnish) book with the cutest cover:

Hyljelahti was mainly full of some kind of gulls, so I'm not sure I'd call what I heard today beautiful... but bird song is bird song, so yes, it was beautiful, in it's own way!

No comments:

Post a Comment