Thursday 20 September 2012

Bookworming part deux

Books glorious books!

As much as I love reading them, I also love decorating with them.
My level of skills in this latter department is still in it's baby shoes, but for example the table I saw at Habitare sparked my old book hoarding again!

In my apartment as it is the book table (literally) would look a bit cramped and in want of a better word, fuddyduddy, but maybe in some more open space (i.e. less clutter) it would look really cool!

But I might sill give it a go, if I find enough pretty books to make it with.. which shouldn't be a problem with Kierrätyskeskus close by...!

Here's where most of my pretty old books are at the mo:



I found another old school book (similar to these ones) from KK as well, check das aus:



Kasvioppi (= plant study) from 1959

Previous owners:

Dinosaur ferns, dryopteris:

Ornamental plants:

Waterlily:

Wood anemone:

I've never thought of potato as a particularly pretty plant, but look! 
I think I have to frame this and have it in my kitchen, so pretty:

What humans see as a weed, dandelion:

 Peas in a pod:

And last but not least, build me up buttercup (our theme song during fieldwork periods in Lapland)

I love the dainty colours and nature theme combined with the schematic way of drawing. 
And the font is really nice as well.

Lovely!


+

hilarious (well, I thought so...) picture from the same book:
It reads: What a school boy would look like if he was offered plant nutrients instead of a meal. 
And there's a bottle of carbonic, a glass of water and a plate of salt in front of him.

Snorty guffaw!

This pokes my dorky-science-humor button.

No comments:

Post a Comment