Sunday 13 May 2012

Out and about


On Saturday (12.5) we had our first Siivouspäivä in Helsinki.
I went to town to see what was happening...

Made this fox/shrimp/babycarrot inspired thing from rope at a tent where you could use sewing machines (for free) to make bags, clothes, whatever, from old pieces of Marimekko fabric (for free).
I can't sew (yet..!), so I picked up a ball of rope they had used to secure some tents, cut up some rope bits instead and braided them. 
And it turned in to a necklace somewhere along the way.



Artist Katja Tukiainen was there, and she drew this cute picture for me on a piece of fabric, which I will absolutely have to frame.




One of my friends is working in Laituri, so I dropped by for a visit. 
The exhibition going on right now is about urban design, 
so I picked up this interesting booklet on the subject:


 Here's the evolution of street lights in Helsinki from 1860 - 1970.

Here's the evolution of kiosks (1890 - 1970).

Park benches from 1890 to 1980.

 Loving the plan they have for the walking street:

Some funky tiling:

No comments:

Post a Comment