Wednesday 23 February 2011

The things on my walls (Part 2)

Oh my, back so soon? Yes, since I should be writing school things instead... ah, the beauty that is procrastination.

Here's some more walls! Last post on walls, I promise. For now, at least...


A collection of frames is a classic way of filling up those white expanses of wall. The gold ones in the picture below are actually made out of paper, I cut out the middle bit of some cards that had a frame on them, then just taped the photos to the backs and bluetacked (can't get enough of bluetack, it seems...) them to the wall.

They make it easy to change the photos (though I haven't changed them since I put them up, maybe I should, for the sake of variety..) and also they're more 2D than 3D so they don't fall off and break, which is important cos they're pretty low on the wall in the entrance hall.




Below are two pieces done by my incredibly talented cousin, Minna. Love her and love her work!
The one below with the tree is something I would take with me if my house was on fire, it's incredibly dear to me.




My other favourite artiste is my dear sister, who I shall feature later on! 
Here's a pretty octobear that she made for me:




I love trees. That's why there's a huge one on one of my walls. It's too big to fit into one photo, so here's two. Sorry, they're a bit crap... I'll try to get a better shot once I've *krhm* cleaned the entrance hall.



I'd love to cover some more wall space with a mural or something, but I'm guessing that i'd get bored of a.) painting it and b.) looking at it. So maybe not such a good idea for me personally.

And to finish off this glorious post: some random things on my walls




Ok byebye!

No comments:

Post a Comment